Quality Reference Framework (QRF) for the quality of MOOCs (alternative)
1. Introduction to the QRF
The Quality Reference Framework (QRF) was designed and organized by MOOQ, the European Alliance for the quality of Massive Open Online Courses (MOOCs).
The Quality Reference Framework with its quality indicators and tools for MOOCs was developed and discussed in close collaboration with all interested international stakeholders. Their contributions and evaluation led to valuable instruments tools for designers, facilitators and providers to improve future MOOCs for all learners worldwide.
The QRF is based on the desktop research and literature review that was leading to a first draft of a quality matrix as well as on the results from the three international surveys and from the 45 semi-structured interviews. In addition, the feedback and contributions from the participants of the MOOQ workshops at the following international conferences was integrated into the QRF:
- ICDE 2015 in Sun City, South Africa
- OE Global 2016 in Krakow, Poland
- EC-TEL 2016 in Lyon, France
- OE Global 2017 in Cape Town, SA
- IEEE EDUCON 2017 in Athens, Greece
- ICALT 2017 in Timisoara, Romania
- EARLI 2017 in Tampere, Finland
- EC-TEL 2017 in Tallinn, Estonia